The BBS Course provides strong foundation in applied areas of business. This course also highlights the importance and appreciation for the diversity and interrelationship of business and management issues. In the later part of the course it provides oppertunities to choose any sectoral management area and also offers some specialization courses to provide some degree of functional expertise.
Understanding the importance of concrete
curriculum with the need of the hour composition and structure in the total acedemic pattern, the curriculum for BBS degree comprises of four separate and distinct course component as follows:
- A strong foundation in linked areas of business such as language economics analysis legal environment and qualitative methods to prepare graduate to understand, analyze and implement the management concept, theories.
- Overall business studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduates with an appreciation for the diversity and inter-relationship of business and management issues.
- The opportunity to choose any sectoral management, in the area of tourism, co-operative transport, hotel and small business, as an elective course enables graduates to apply the core functional knowledge and skills in theory chosen sector or business.
- The course is designed in such a way that students can complete with any other courses having a clear conceptual and practical knowledge.
The First year program
- The objective of the first year program is to build a strong foundation in students so as to prepare them to comprehend the business concepts, theories and practices. The first year program is organized into the following compulsory and core courses:
- Compulsory English
- Business Statistics
- Business Economics
- Principles of Management
- Cost and Management Accounting
- (All 100 Marks)
The Second Year Program
- The understanding of fundamentals if business studies and a thorough insight of the basic concepts and tools is what the second year program focuses on. The core courses provide the prerequisites of learning that are the essentials in the broad area of business studies. The second-year program is therefore organized into following compulsory courses:
Accounting for Financial analysis and Planning
Fundamentals of Marketing
Fundamentals of Financial Management
Foundations of Human Resources Management
(All 100 Marks)
The Third Year Program
Building on the foundation of the first and second years, the principle mission of the third year is manifold. In this year the students are encouraged to focus on a particular functional and sectoral area of business studies.
To enable the students to concentrate in one functional area of business. FOM offers five streams of concentration.
The third year program is organized into the following concentration and elective courses: